Normal Mouth and Teeth-
In human beings, noramlly mouth contains 32 Permanent teeth in adults and 20 milk (Deciduous/ Primary teeth) during childhood which are all lost and replaced by the permanent teeth
Normal teeth- Basic Understanding of Structure and Anatomy
The teeth are the hardest substances in the human body. Besides being essential for chewing, the teeth play an important role in speech. Parts of the teeth include:The crown of each tooth projects into the mouth and The root of each tooth descends below the gum line, into the jaw.
• Enamel: The hardest, white outer part of the tooth. Enamel is mostly made of calcium phosphate, a rock-hard mineral.
• Dentin: A layer underlying the enamel. Dentin is made of living cells, which secrete a hard mineral substance.
• Pulp: The softer, living inner structure of teeth. Blood vessels and nerves run through the pulp of the teeth.
• Cementum: A layer of connective tissue that binds the roots of the teeth firmly to the gums and jawbone.
• Periodontal ligament: Tissue that helps hold the teeth tightly against the jaw.
A normal adult mouth has 32 teeth, which (except for wisdom teeth) have erupted by about age 13:
• Incisors (8 total): The middlemost four teeth on the upper and lower jaws.
• Canines (4 total): The pointed teeth just outside the incisors.
• Premolars (8 total): Teeth between the canines and molars.
• Molars (8 total): Flat teeth in the rear of the mouth, best at grinding food.
• Wisdom teeth or third molars (4 total): These teeth erupt at around age 18, but are often surgically removed to prevent displacement of other teeth.
Here you will receive world class dental care designed to provide complete support to your smile. This center is equipped with all the amenities of a good modern dental center, operated by professionals.We are constantly upgrading our facilities to ensure that our patients receive service of the highest quality in a congenial environment.